Safety for Line Managers
Why should you take this course?
Managers and supervisors are frequently the first line of defence when it comes to health and safety training. This course will ensure that they are aware of their legal and regulatory responsibilities and able to manage safely. It can be easily completed over a number of sessions, allowing your staff with supervisory responsibilities to fit it in around their other work commitments.
Who is it for?
- Newly-appointed supervisors and managers.
- Supervisors and managers in need of refresher training.
What will be covered?
- A manager's responsibilities for training staff.
- How to report, investigate and record accidents and near misses.
- Use and maintenance of work equipment, and procedures if equipment is defective.
- How to manage the correct use of Display Screen Equipment (DSE).
- Stress at work, drug and alcohol abuse, manual handling and harmful substances.
- Ensuring the safety of home workers.
- How to identify employees who may be exposed to violence and how to minimise any risks.
- Safe driving and appropriate procedures when visiting customers' premises.
- How to prevent or handle abusive phone calls.
- The legal basis for risk assessment, procedures and forms.
Simply click on add course to basket, follow the checkout process and we will email you the details on how to access the training course.
Complementary courses you may wish to consider
Not what you’re looking for?
See our full list of online health and safety courses